What is Simcenter Nastran?
Simcenter Nastran is a finite element (FE) solver for stress, vibration, buckling, structural failure, heat transfer, acoustics and aeroelasticity analyses.
Manufacturers as well as engineering suppliers in aerospace, automotive, electronics, heavy machinery, medical device, and other industries have relied on Simcenter Nastran software for their critical engineering computing needs for over 40 years. It allows them to produce safe, reliable and, optimized designs within increasingly shorter design cycles.
Nastran is directly compatible to analyze composite structures, with individual ply representation.
Multiple Solutions – One Solver
Having all these solutions in one solver means that input/output file formats are the same for all solution types.
Linear Static Demonstration
Linear surface to surface contact and glued connection that can be defined either between element faces or geometry surfaces and is easily set up with Femap’s assembly management functionality.
- Edge-to-surface contact to glue the edges of shell elements to the faces of solid or shell elements
- Surface-to-surface contact for shell and solid elements
- Edge-to-edge glue between the edges of shell, axisymmetric, plane stress and plane strain elements
- Inertia relief for unrestrained models
- Shared memory parallel (SMP) processing enabled element-based iterative solver for very fast solutions of tetrahedron meshed models
- Bolt preload effects
- Thermal expansion for rigid elements
Steady State Thermal Analysis Demonstration
The heat transfer capability provides solutions to steady state and transient thermal analysis and design problems.
- Heat transfer can span the full range from system-level analysis of global energy balances to the detailed analysis associated with temperature and thermal stress limit levels.
- Allows you to investigate linear or nonlinear problems, steady-state or transient effects, as well as all three types of heat transfer (conduction, convection and radiation), displaying the characteristics associated with each.
Basic Nonlinear Demonstration
The basic nonlinear capabilities include nonlinear static and transient analyses that include large displacement and nonlinear material analysis as well as gap and slide line contact.
- Enables you to analyze models with geometric nonlinearities; that is, large deformations or with material nonlinearities.
- Point-to-point contact nonlinearity can also be simulated. This basic nonlinear capability allows users to evaluate whether the small displacement and linear material assumptions used in linear analysis are accurate.
Simcenter Nastran Advanced Bundle
Simcenter Nastran Add-On Analysis Modules
Simcenter Nastran Dynamic Response provides an advanced suite of tools aimed at providing users with a flexible tool to analyze the response of models that are subjected to loads that vary with time or frequency. As such Simcenter Nastran Dynamic Response includes a comprehensive range of response simulation capabilities; normal modes analysis and complex Eigen analysis, frequency and transient response analysis, acoustic analysis, response and shock spectrum analysis, component mode synthesis, and random vibration analysis. In addition Dynamic Response can be effectively coupled with other analysis types such as Superelements, Non-linear analysis, design sensitivity, and optimization. These solution types can be leveraged for a number of advanced simulation capabilities to analyze more complex phenomena such as control systems, coupled fluid/structures, Gyroscopic and Coriolis effects and transfer function. Simcenter Nastran Dynamic Response is a specific add-on module to Simcenter Nastran (NXN001), it is also included in the Simcenter Nastran Advanced Bundle (NXN002). The covered Simcenter Nastran Solution sequences include: 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 118, and 187.