Simcenter MAGNET™ uses the finite element technique for an accurate and quick solution of Maxwell’s equations. It can simulate different types of electromagnetic
and electric fields in both 2D and 3D.
- Complete motion solver – arbitrary movements, such as in levitation problems, can be precisely simulated due to full freedom of movement of rigid bodies
- Smart Mesh for initial design verification, adaption and precision where needed in order to solve very large 3D field problems efficiently
- Maximizing mesh element quality to ensure stable and accurate solutions
- Automatically detects the current path and direction within the solids of interest
- Tight optimization-electro-thermal coupling
- Parametric modeling for ranging, tolerance or “what if?” analysis
- Demagnetization prediction for permanent magnets
Simcenter MAGNET features numerous design applications including:
- Electric motors/generators
- Induction heating
- Magnetic levitation
Geometry, materials and mesh details are all seamlessly exchanged between Simcenter MAGNET for electromagnetic or electric fields. Coupling allows the materials to be updated based on local temperature distributions within each component. Solve for either the steady state or the time-varying temperature distributions caused by the conductor and magnetic losses. Various forced convection fluid cooling options can be added to the simulation to assess performance.
Automated design optimization option to Simcenter MAGNET; including Electrical 2D/3D and Thermal 2D/3D. Object optimization software can find optimal values for different design variables within a specified design space.
Advanced material modeling
Accounts for nonlinearities, temperature dependencies, demagnetization of permanent magnets, hysteresis, anisotropy, and smart boundary conditions.