Easy-to-Use, Familiar Interface
- User-friendly, Windows native, command and menu system based on the familiar Windows style user interface that is easily customizable.
- Superior color, model entity visualization and group display control
- The quick-to-learn user interface promotes maximum productivity, even with occasional use.
- Unique specialized display panes – such as the Model Info Tree and Data Table – allow direct access to analysis modeling data, and provide rapid creation and editing of models and results review.
Importing and Cleaning Geometry
- Supports all major CAD programs and data formats
- Geometry update tools that allow direct interaction with
- Easy identification of potentially problematic geometry
- Powerful geometry handling and cleanup tools
- Complete geometry editing toolbox to prepare surfaces and solids for meshing
Easily Create High Quality Mesh
- Easy high-quality mesh creation that ensures accurate results
- Full control over mesh creation and editing
- Meshing Toolbox provides interactive mesh editing tools
- Custom toolbars allow easy mesh modification with fewer clicks
- Live element quality feedback
Solver Submission and Integration
- A very high level of integration with the Nastran solver that enables users to access the power and dependability of the world’s premier solver.
- Advanced nonlinear, heat transfer and fluid flow analysis capabilities
- The base Femap module supports access to all main commercial solver preferences.
Understanding and Visualizing Results
- Comprehensive postprocessing display and reporting tools that facilitate faster comprehension of results
- Data manipulation post analysis – unique Data Table functionality
- Versatile results combination functionality
- User-defined report generation
- Beam visualization and results display options
- Dynamic isosurface and cutting plane
Customization and API
- Complete programming environment provided within the Femap UI
- Ability to extend Femap capabilities to add new applications
- Interface to other external programs such as Word and Excel
- Direct access to all Femap functionality
- Program using standard visual Basic language or industry standard programming languages – no special programming language knowledge required.
- Ability to record, edit, debug and playback user-defined macros directly in the Femap interface